RULES AND GUIDELINES
- All films MUST be completely filmed at your home.
- Exterior shots that are from stock footage or of the outside of your home are permitted but remember the point of the contest is that we are all staying inside and most importantly staying safe!
- Films that do not follow this guideline will be disqualified.
- Short films may be anywhere from 2 minutes to 10 minutes long
- Films can be shot on and with anything you have access to from a phone to a professional film grade camera.
- Films that contain extreme sexual or explicit content may not be screened and may be disqualified due to the YouTube community guidelines policy. YouTube Community Guidelines
- Submissions open on Thursday April 9th, 2020 and close on Monday April 20th, 2020 at 11:59 Pacific standard time.
- All films will be uploaded onto our channel on Wednesday April 22nd at 11:59pm Pacific standard time.
- On Thursday April 30th at 11:59 Pacific standard time all films will be tallied and the top 10 films will be selected as finalists.
- Three criteria will be considered for choosing the top 10.
- Independent Panel of Judges
- The 10 finalists as well as the $500 grand prize winner will be announced via video announcement on Friday May 1st at 3pm Pacific standard time.
- All films are non exclusive to Kings of Horror and remain the ownership of the filmmakers, however we ask that the film not be posted anywhere else until the contest comes to a close.
- All films will remain on the Kings of Horror Youtube channel for a minimum of 12 months.
- After the initial 12 month period the film remains on KOH channel in perpetuity or until the filmmaker requests removal.
- By entering the KOH Quarantine Horror Challenge you agree to allow Kings of Horror to exploit your film on all of their platforms and social media channels.
- By entering the KOH Quarantine Horror Challenge you agree that you own the rights to the fim and all of the assets have been cleared for copyright
- Additional Information
- YouTube.com is in no way a sponsor of the Quarantine Horror Challenge and holds no responsibility over the events and outcome of the contest.
- The Quarantine Horror Challenge is completely free to enter.
Q: How do I enter my film into the competition?
A: Please fill out the contest submission form found here: Submission Form
Q: I submitted my film and did not get a response who should I contact?
A: Please send all questions to QHC@KingsofHorror.com
Q: Why was my film rejected from entry?
A: All films must adhere to contest guidelines which can be found below as well as the YouTube community guidelines found here: Guidelines
Q: I want to use an old short film I made, is that allowed?
A: Unfortunately no. The QHC is meant to be a new short inspired by life in quarantine.
Q:How does the judging work for the QHC?
A: The winners will be judged on 3 metrics; total number of views during the time of competition, total number of likes the film receives during the time of competition, and selection by a jury of judges.
Q:What happens to my film at the end of the competition?
A: Kings of Horror will keep all of the films available on the Kings of Horror YouTube channel for the term of at least 1 year.
Q: I missed the sign up deadline, can I still enter?
A: Sadly once the window is closed we will no longer be accepting submissions BUT we will be offering more opportunities through different film challenges throughout the year.
Q: Is this contest at all affiliated with YouTube.com
A: While Kings Of Horror is utilizing the YouTube platform to host our contest YouTube.com is in no way affiliated with the contest nor the resulting outcome of said contest.
Q: Does the contest cost anything to enter?
A: This contest is free to enter.